Health Savings Account
Features & Benefits
- No minimum opening deposit required
- $24 Annual maintenance charge
- Earns tiered interest rate
- Unlimited Check writing capabilities
- Free Mastercard Debit Card with Fraud Watch and damage replacement
- Check Imaged Statements
To be eligible for an HSA, you must meet the following legal requirements:
- Be enrolled in a qualified high deductible health plan ("HDHP") - a health plan that typically offers a higher deductible but a lower premium
- Not be enrolled in a health insurance plan other than an HDHP or another allowable plan
- Not be claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return
- Not be eligible for benefits under Part A or Part B of Medicare
Using Your HSA
We make it easy for you to use your HSA:
- No "use it or lose it" condition at year-end
- Unspent money earns interest and grows tax-free
- HSA is portable and yours to keep, even if you change jobs
- Deposit personal checks
- Set up pre-tax payroll deductions with your employer
- Roll over funds from another existing HSA
- Withdraw money tax-free at any time to pay for qualified medical expenses
- Make payments from your HSA easily by personal check, online bill pay, or with your Security Bank HSA MASTERCARD® Debit Card
Have more questions on qualifications & limits?
For more details and the most up-to-date information visit the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, visit with your tax advisor, or stop in one of our branches to learn more.
For more information, Visit IRS.gov or visit with your tax advisor.
Our friendly team members are here to help answer any questions you may have. Please reach out, we are here to help!