1. Create an incentive-based referral system- Generate leads by incentivizing your current customers to refer new customers to your business. For example, offer a discount or other reward for every new customer they refer.
2. Broadcast advertising to your niche audience- Another great way to generate leads is by broadcasting advertising to your niche audience. This can be done through TV, radio, and other forms. Often, this type of advertising can be very expensive and if your business doesn’t have a large budget, it may be cost-prohibitive.
3. Take a new approach to direct mail- Though many people don’t think about direct mail when they are looking for ways to generate leads, that does not mean that this strategy is outdated or no longer effective. Direct mail marketing allows you to target specific customers by sending letters or postcards directly to their mailbox which makes them much more personal than traditional advertisements.
4. Optimize your website and use CTAs- If you want to generate leads online, then it is essential that your website is optimized for lead generation. This means including clear and concise calls to action (CTAs) throughout your website so that visitors know exactly what you want them to do.
5. Rethink deals and discounts- Though offering deals and discounts is often a great way to attract new customers, this strategy can actually backfire when you're trying to generate leads. If your deals and discounts are too attractive it may divert customers away from your company’s website and towards a deal site where they can get a better bargain. However, this doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t offer deals or discounts at all. Instead, make deals less appealing or less frequent.
6. Learn search engine optimization (SEO)- SEO isn't usually one of the first things that comes to mind, however, this marketing technique has been proven to be effective time and time again.
7. Create and publish top-notch content- Quality content is especially important when you are trying to generate leads. Additionally, by including social media sharing buttons on your content, you can help it reach a larger audience.
8. Get creative with social media- You also need to be active on social media if you want to generate leads. This means using tactics like influencer marketing, creating interactive quizzes, and running contests.
9. Begin a business newsletter- Another way to generate leads is by starting a business newsletter. This can be done in-house or you can outsource it. By sending regular newsletters, you can keep customers updated on your latest products, services, upcoming events, and promotions.
10. Create downloadable assets- Another great way to generate leads is by creating downloadable assets like whitepapers, eBooks, or case studies. This gives potential customers a chance to learn more about your company and its products or services without having to leave their computer. Additionally, you can track how many people download your assets and use that information to your benefit.
11. Provide an assessment or report- One of the best ways to show potential customers that you are an expert in your field is by providing them with an assessment or report. This could be a free report that you offer on your website or a more detailed, paid assessment.
12. Hold unique events or seminars- If you want to generate leads offline, then one of the best things you can do is hold unique events or seminars.
13. Add a live chat feature to your website- Live chat is one of the most effective ways for generating leads from your website and it can be done at little to no cost. With this, you can engage with visitors and help them solve any problems or concerns they may have without having to go through customer support or rely on outdated FAQ pages.