Control the cards in your wallet with the phone in your pocket!
<< Return to Online & Mobile Banking
If you can’t find your debit card, you can instantly lock the card to prevent fraudulent charges from being made. Don’t worry; you can also instantly unlock the card when it turns up in the dryer or refrigerator. (No judgment.)
CardManager® offers you the ability to personalize your own security settings to suit your busy lifestyle. With convenience like that we may see less of you here in the branch, but we’ll still be here if you need us. We’ll miss you, so stop by once in a while even if it’s just to say “hi.”
- Receive notifications when your card is used.
- Restrict transactions to a certain area using your phone’s GPS.
- Set security preferences to match your spending habits for every credit and debit card.
- Set spending limits for every transaction.
- Enable or disable your cards to be used within certain merchant categories such as gas and groceries, hotel and travel.
- Lock and unlock cards with a few taps on your smartphone.
How to Access CardManager®
- Download our Mobile Banking App to your smartphone or tablet & login.
- Click "Manage My Cards" within the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
|1. Does CardManager® work on Android phones and iPhones?
Yes. CardManager® works with the most recent mobile operating software as well as two past generations of Android and iPhone.
2. Can a user unsubscribe from CardManager®?
Not at this time.
3. How long does the app stay logged in if you don’t log out?
The app automatically logs the user off in 10 minutes
4. How will names appear on the card within the app?
Names are displayed as last name then first name (e.g. SMITH JOHN.)
5. Does CardManager® reflect the card status?
Yes, the Card Details screen displays the Card Status
|1. If a user has two cards from different financial institutions that support CardManager®; can they register both cards with CardManager®?
No, CardManager through our SB app only supports SB debit cards.
2. Can multiple cards be linked to one registered CardManager® account?
Yes, cardholders can have multiple cards registered within a single CardManager® app. Only cards registered under your online banking login will automatically flood into CardManager®.
For Example: if you are a cardholder on an account on a different online banking login, you will need to login to online/mobile banking tied to that account to access CardManager® for that card.
4. How many cards can you register within a single CardManager® application?
There is no limit.
5. When loading more than one card on a device, what type of information does the user need in order to register each card?
The user needs to enter the same level of detail entered for the original card. This information generally includes the card number, address, ZIP code, expiration date, and CVV/CVC code. Secondary authentication includes: security token sent in an email or last 4 digits of the social security number. Multiple individuals registering one card include: parents and dependents; spouses; and employers/employees.
6. You can download the card on multiple devices but are requested to indicate which device is “primary.” What is the purpose of assigning a primary device? Can you make changes to the settings from the non-primary devices?
The primary device is used to track the GPS for “My Location” alerts and controls, and all merchant and threshold alerts will be sent to the primary device. All devices that have registered a particular card can view or change the CardManager® settings for that card. Controls (including the “On/Off” setting) are set at the card level, so the last update to a control will be honored regardless of which phone was used to make the change. Alerts are set at the device level, so each primary device will receive alerts that were set up from that particular device. The primary device can be re-set by accessing “Settings – Primary Device.”
7. If a parent registers a card for a child, what stops that child from changing the controls placed on the card?
Each person who registers a card will have access to controls and alerts for the card. In many cases, the child will not know about CardManager® unless the parent shares the information.
8. As part of the cardholder registration process, CardManager® may prompt the user to enter the amount of a PIN-based transaction preformed in the past 72 hours. What if a cardholder doesn’t use PIN’d transactions? What if they just used their card as a signature only?
In the event that a card holder does not have an email or SSN on the cardholder record, the cardholder is requested to perform a PIN-based transaction. The amount entered is compared to the historical transaction data. The PIN-based transaction may be performed at an ATM or to make a purchase.
9. When cardholders receive a reissued or replacement card, will they have to update their cards within the application?
Replacement cards or new cards will automatically update and add the new card number in user’s profile after the nightly update.
| Controls & Alerts
|1. What exactly is the range of the “My Location” controls, and will this control setting impact internet transactions?
The My Location controls and alerts will check to ensure the merchant location is within a five (5) mile radius of the device set as “primary” within CardManager. These controls impact “card present” transactions only, therefore internet transactions are not impacted.
2. If My Location is set but the primary device is off, will transactions get denied outside of the My Location area?
CardManager® ignores location information that is more than one (1) hour old. So, if the phone is off for more than an hour My Location controls will not take effect, and the transaction will not be denied on the basis of the old location information.
3. What happens if My Location is set but the phone is left at home? Will transactions be denied outside of the My Location area?
CardManager® performs a proximity check at the granularity of zip code or city, so if the merchant is close to home then the transactions will still go through.
4. Can a user turn on My Location for a dependent’s card? How will it work?
My location is only effective for the enrolled user. To limit the dependent’s card, the user can use the Region feature to set usage preferences for where the card can be used. Set location preference to “Region” in the drop down menu, then “Add” a “New Region” to set the map to the area where the card may be used.
5. A region has been set on the map. Does this mean the card can only be used exactly in this region?
The region shows the approximate area where the card can be used. CardManager® can typically map the transaction down to a zip code or city. If the city or zip code of the merchant overlaps with the selected region on the map, then the transaction can still go through. There are instances where a merchant location cannot be mapped down to a zip code or city, in which case CardManager® would default to a state-level match.
6. Can cardholders block all international transactions?
All International transactions are already blocked unless you have contacted the bank to open up a certain country. Then you have control to shut that country off.
7. Will location controls, merchant controls, threshold controls, and turning the card “Off” impact previously authorized recurring transactions?
Previously authorized recurrent payments will continue to process and will bypass the CardManager® edit checks.
8. How long does it take for a control or alert setting to take effect?
Control settings take effect about 1-5 minutes after the change.
1. Does the app show recent transaction history?
Yes, the app shows all transactions posted on this account within the last 30 days.
2. What types of transactions display in CardManager?
CardManager® shows all transactions.
3. Will the balance be updated to include teller transactions?
All transactions will show within the mobile banking app.
<< Return to Online & Mobile Banking
Our friendly team members are here to help answer any questions you may have. Please reach out, we are here to help!